Horizons Enterprise Team
The Team: Johnny Grant, Austin Pearce, Zack DesRosier
Coach: Luke Theisen
ABOUT H.S.E (High School Enterprise)
· High School Enterprise is an engineering club that uses project based learning in a group setting organized like a business, to help solve real world and community based problems.
· Students develop S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) projects.
· Students control the entire project from planning to completion, as well as its budget, with the help of a teacher/coach, community partners, and clients.
GOALS OF H.S.E
· The goal of the High School Enterprise is to give students experience with S.T.E.M. and promote interest in S.T.E.M. careers after graduation.
· High School Enterprise lets students begin to think and feel like professionals, and own their own education.
HORIZONS TEAM PROJECT
· We are building a submersible Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)
· We plan to use this ROV for aquatic species surveys,, submerged structure inspections, and underwater searches, and exploration.
Michigan Technological University's High School Enterprise Program gets students out of the classroom and into teams—giving them a chance to manage long-term projects from inception to completion. They create a company name, mission, logo, and identity. They develop a project idea, define the scope, gain client approval, and tackle the work. At the end of the school year, they present their project at Michigan Tech's Undergraduate Expo, which showcases student work.
For more information about the enterprise program, the different teams, and projects please visit their website by clicking on the link below.
Check us out on Facebook! www.facebook.com/horizonshighschool ...
Students and graduates please provide us with some much desired and highly valued input by clicking on and completing the appropriate survey below. Student & Graduate...
Parents please click on the link below to take a very quick survey. Your input is very valuable to us and the improvment of Horizons. 2013-2014 Parent Survey